Questions & Answers
- Where are the Caribbean destinations located?
- BAY ISLANDS: 30 miles off the mainland of Honduras, 100 miles south of Belize, Central America.
- BELIZE: 100 miles south of Cozumel, Mexico, 425 miles south of Miami, 650 miles south of Houston and 670 miles south of New Orleans.
- CAYMAN: 495 miles south of Miami.
- TURKS & CAICOS: 30 miles south of the Bahamas; northwest of Puerto Rico and east of Cuba.
- What airlines service these destinations?
- BAY ISLANDS: Taca, Isleana, SOSA and Caribbean Air fly to Roatan. American, Continental and Iberia all fly to the mainland.
- BELIZE: Taca, Continental, & American.
- CAYMAN: Cayman Airways, Northwest, American, United and USAir.
- TURKS & CAICOS: American.
* Contact our in-house flight department for your airline reservation needs.
- How do I meet the vessel the day of departure?
You will be greeted and transported* from the airport by one of our friendly crew members in uniform if you arrive on the day of departure. If you arrive earlier than Saturday, please make your way to the vessel anytime after 2:00 p.m. on the day of departure.
* Cayman taxi regulations do not allow us to transfer you from the airport to the boat, however, you will be reimbursed for your taxi fare at the end of the week
- Where do the vessels dock?
- BAY ISLANDS: Romeo's Restaurant, French Harbor, Roatan.
- BELIZE: The Radisson, Belize City.
- CAYMAN: The Georgetown Tourist Dock, Grand Cayman.
- TURKS & CAICOS: Turtle Cove Marina, Providenciales.
- Tell me about the diving:
- BAY ISLANDS: The reefs and walls of the Bay Islands rank among the most varied in the world with sheer drop-offs topped by spectacular shallow reefs full of colorful marine life. The area features large gorgonians, black coral, decorator crabs, rare macro marine life as well as such pelagics as whale sharks, dolphins and turtles.
- BELIZE: Belize has the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere (185 miles long), which maintains interesting coral formations. Manta rays, turtles and large marine animals are abundant in addition to macro marine life.
- CAYMAN: Cayman's crystal clear waters offer divers vertical walls, honeycombed tunnels and caverns, wrecks, and shallow coral reefs. Grand Cayman's famed North and South Walls team with schools of shimmering tarpon, turtles, stingrays, eagle rays and other large marine animals.
- TURKS & CAICOS: The diving in the Turks & Caicos Islands consists of miles of unexplored walls, tunnels, caverns and shallow coral reefs. Underwater life abounds with occasional sightings of hammerheads, manta rays and humpback whales.
- Where do the vessels dive?
- BAY ISLANDS: Eel's Garden and Half Moon Bay in Roatan, the wreck of the Jado Trader in Guanaja plus Toon Town and the sea mounts of Cayos Cochinos.
- BELIZE: Lighthouse Reef, the Blue Hole, Turneffe Islands, Glover's Reef and Half Moon Caye.
- CAYMAN: The North, West and South Walls of Grand Cayman, Stingray City, and famous Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman (weather permitting).
- TURKS & CAICOS: Providenciales, West Caicos, French Cay, South Caicos and Grand Turk.
- What technical diving services are available?
- BAY ISLANDS: Nitox and rebreathers, and training in their use, are available.
- BELIZE: Nitox, and training in its use, is available.
- CAYMAN: Nitox and rebreathers, and training in their use, are available.
- TURKS & CAICOS: Nitox and rebreathers, and training in their use, will become available in 1997.
- How many days of diving are included in my charter?
- All Caribbean Aggressor cruises are 7 days with 5.5 days of diving. You depart from port Saturday evening after dinner, or Sunday morning. Diving begins Sunday a.m. and the vessels return to port Friday afternoon at 2:00pm.
- What is the water visibility? Temperature?
- BAY ISLANDS: Water clarity averages 75 - 100 feet; temperature ranges from 78°-84° F.
- BELIZE: Water clarity averages 50 feet inside the Barrier Reef, 100-200 feet on the outside and 120-150 feet at many of the atoll dive sites. Water temperature ranges from 77°-82° F.
- CAYMAN: Water clarity ranges from 100 feet in excess of 200 feet. Water temperature varies from 78°-80° F in the winter, to 80°-82° F in the summer.
- TURKS & CAICOS: Water clarity ranges from 100 feet in excess of 200 feet. Water temperature varies from 78°-82° F in the winter, to 80°-84° F in the summer.
- What type of topography will I see on my charter?
- BAY ISLANDS: Rugged lush mountains make up 80% of Honduras, and the extension of this volcanic system just up from the ocean floor forms the Bay Islands.
- BELIZE: Belize is subtropical with mountainous rain forests, coastal mangrove swamps and scenic plateaus. Three major atolls are found each ringed by a coral perimeter of at least 50 miles.
- CAYMAN: This tropical, level island is best known for its glistening white, sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters.
- TURKS & CAICOS: Each of the islands of the Turks & Caicos has its own identity and a variety of landscapes from its limestone base. The north coast of Provo, protected by a long coral reef, has the most beautiful beaches.
- What is planned for Friday afternoon and evening after we return to Port?
- This is your opportunity to shop, sightsee or take a local tour (the Bay Islands Aggressor III offers a complimentary island tour). Friday evening, the Aggressor crews host a cocktail party and they can recommend local restaurants for dinner.
- When is check-out time on the vessels?
- Between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. Saturday. Our reservation office offers several local tour options for those who have later flights or decide to extend their vacation.
- Are there any cruising or departure taxes?
- BAY ISLANDS: An $18 departure tax will be collected Saturday before your departure from the dock.
- BELIZE: A cruising tax of $20/week per guest is collected at the end of the week. The departure tax, $11.25 U.S., is collected at the airport prior to departure.
- CAYMAN: A departure tax of $10 per person is collected at the airport prior to departure.
- TURKS & CAICOS: A $25 bed tax per guest is collected at the end of the week. There is departure tax of US$15.
- Where is the nearest recompression chamber?
- BAY ISLANDS: Roatan.
- BELIZE: Ambergris Caye.
- CAYMAN: Grand Cayman.
- TURKS & CAICOS: Providenciales.
RETURN TO TURKS & CAICOS AGGRESSOR MAIN PAGE
RETURN TO TURKS & CAICOS AGGRESSOR 1997 RATES
RETURN TO TURKS & CAICOS AGGRESSOR DEPOSIT / PAYMENT
RETURN TO TURKS & CAICOS AGGRESSOR CANCELLATION POLICY
Turks & Caicos Islands British West Indies
More Turks & Caicos