MS FrontPage "Getting started"
- Open Frontpage from the "Start Menu Button".
- Once FrontPage opens up you will see the FrontPage Explorer open with the window below asking for your input.
Choose the option "Open Existing FrontPage Web", click on your web and then click "ok". If your web is not listed then click on "More Webs..."
- The window below will appear and you will need to type the "Web Server Location" in the space provided then click "List Webs". (Example: Type "www.icusa.net", then click the "List Webs" button. Virtual Domain users will need to type there Domain address in here. Once you type in the Servers address you will be able to see all the FrontPage webs listed on that server. You can scroll down to locate your Web name, highlight it and click "OK" to open your web. If you are a Virtual Domain user then click on <Root Web> and them "OK"
- After Clicking "OK" you will be Prompted to type your "Name and Password" to open your web. Without this you WILL NOT be able to access your web. (Example: User sunchase types, "sunchase" for "Name" and then "**********" the "Password" for the sunchase web, then click "OK".) NOTE: You will not see any characters or number listing the password as you type it, it is for your security to keep your password secret. NEVER give out any passwords to anyone.
*If you receive a NTLM: authentication error please uninstall "Client for MS Networks" and reinstall it. You MUST be logged into your HOME computer to be able to get past the Name and Password.
- Once the web completes loading you will be able to create, change or import your pages and pictures. Your STARTING page will be "welcome.htm"so the server can access to your first page on the web.
NOTE: New FrontPage webs are "Normal Webs", created by the webmaster. and only contain a welcome.htm file and a _private and a images dir.